Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Neon's Last Stand

What I (Actually) Wore Yesterday

Despite my yearning and complaining, I have not yet convinced California to cool the F down.  So if you can't beat them, scheme behind their backs to overthrow them one day and sort of join them for now.... or something like that.*



It was Labor day, a holiday for most in the USA, but when it is just you and your mom running a business, girl has gotta work.  So we decided to work in the morning and take the afternoon off to go shopping.  Not gunna lie, saw no spectacular deals at the mall.  Isn't Labor day supposed to be a deal sort of a holiday? Not that that stopped me from buying things.  Sweaters, to be exact. As is things I still won't be able to wear for a while. 


 No full length mirror = no full length pictures

But this post is a celebration of the end of summer, not me poo-pooing on it :)

It occurred to me this morning that I should wear the summer things I love before it is too cold, so I went for an end-of-summer neon showing! 


My amazeballs shirt and a sink.

I picked this shirt up to try on as a total crazy move, just because I found the neon intriguing.  The second I put it on I knew it was coming home with me.  I love it for days like yesterday when I couldn't have cared less what my hair looked like, because a bun shows off the awesome back so nicely!

 I decided I would probably feel silly wearing neon green during the winter, so a last neon stand it is!


This final gem is my ridiculous attempt to get my shoes in the picture.  That would be an EPIC fail.

Works Cited:
Shirt: Nordys Junior Section (winning)
Cami: Tar-zhay
Jean: Nordys Junior Section (DOUBLE winning!)
Earrings: Vendor at the Los Altos Arts and Wine Festival 2012
Shoes: Victoria's Secret/Colin Stuart


And now, I present the Photo Bomb of the Month:

Thanks honey :)


My Face:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Chanel Loose Powder
MAC and Origins Concealer
MAC Prism Blush
MAC Lingering Eyebrow Pencil
Eyeshadow:
MAC Sable
MAC Carbon
MAC Brule
Clinique gel eyeliner (black)
Lancome Mascara


It looked nice all day, not that the iPhone pics do it any justice, but such is life (until I get someone else to take pictures of me).  I think I will make a solid effort to wear my shorts and tanks a few more times while the weather stays solidly in the high-70s-low-80s.  Positive Patty, HERE I COME!

XOXO



*Excuse the crap-tastic (literally) pictures, I didn't get a chance to snap them until after our movie tonight**

**The Avengers, if you must know.  The Mister, his broski/our roommate and I decided to see it again when we heard they were re-releasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment