Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A FOTD inspired by Youtube

Just a face of the day today!  I did this look to attend a business picnic on Sunday, and it was perfect for the weather, which was much warmer than I expected.  Silly summer still holding on!

I first did this look based off of this youtube video:



My relationship with makeup people on youtube is a story for another day though (preview: it is very one sided).

Although I am not personally a fan of the Twilight series (blasphemy!) I loved this look!  I did not, however, have literally any of the products she uses, soooo I improvised.


I went with my normal base makeup, which I will list in a little more detail than I usually do below.  Tanya uses MAC Patina for the primary color, which is a color I don't have, so instead I layered MAC All That Glitters first with Sable on top of it.  According to her, the real color is more of a golden color than what my layering makes, but this is a nice color combination for me, so I go with it.


Beyond layering the colors to create the base, I find it is important for me to pull the gray and black shadow that you layer along your lash line into my outer corner and slightly in the crease as well for a little more definition.


As you can see I started in my polka dot sweater again, but luckily I brought an emergency tank top because we got to the picnic and it was hot. Yay emergency tank tops!

Since this is more focused on my makeup, I have listed the products in the order I applied them.  Hopefully that helps if you want to do this look yourself!

My Face:

Base Makeup-

  • Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller (blended with my finger under my eyes)
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 20 Beige (I use a small, flat top kabuki brush to blend it all over my face)
  • MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC15 (I use a small, fluffy eyeshadow brush to blend this on any spot that needs coverage, like pimples or redness around my nose.  Everywhere except under my eyes)
  • Origins Plantscription Anti-aging concealer in 01 Light (Use the same brush as the last step to blend this liquid concealer under my eyes)
  • Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Naturel (This powder can be a little on the dark side for me sometimes, but it's perfect in the summer and in the winter I just make sure to have a light hand.  I start by setting the concealer under my eyes with a small fluffy brush, then I set the spots I put concealer.  After I powder those spots separately, I use a large fluffy brush to brush a light layer over my whole face.)

Eyes-

  • MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering (I use this pencil to define and fill in patchy spots in my brows.  I always brush through them before and after using it, first to place my brows about where I want them, and I feel like it helps it look more natural to brush them through again afterwards)
  • NARS Pro-Prime smudge proof eyeshadow base (Literally the best eyeshadow base EVER! I just blend it over my lids with my fingers)
  • MAC All That Glitters (all over my lids and up through your crease)
  • MAC Sable (same as with All that Glitters, but I try to keep the inner third of my lids only lightly layered, and focus the Sable more on the middle and outside of my lid)
  • MAC Hocus Pocus (any gray shadow will do, this happened to be a limited edition color from the blogger collection.  I use a slanted eyeliner brush to layer it on the outer half of my lash line.  Just like she does, I blend it out with each addition)
  • MAC Carbon (same as with Hocus Pocus, just much less needed.  The whole thing should stay soft)
  • MAC Brule (as a highlight. I sweep it over my brow bone right at the end and blend out any hard edges of the shadow with a clean fluffy brush)
  • Lancome Eyelash curler and Makeup Forever Smokey Lash mascara (self explanatory)
  • Maybelline Great Lash Clear mascara (I use this as eyebrow gel)
Cheeks-

  • Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine shade 002 Honey Matte (brushed along my cheekbones, temples, and jaw line)
  • MAC Margin Blush (brushed onto the apples of the cheeks)
  • Dior Shimmer Powder in 002 Amber Diamond (brushed along the tops of my cheekbones)
If any of the lines from my cheek makeup seem harsh, I keep a clean kabuki brush to use to blend it out.



And one last picture... Daniel tried to photobomb me and I caught him lol :)

And that is all I have to say about that.

Extra points if you can name that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment