Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Tale of Two Skirts

Two of the newest additions to my closet are these skirts.  They were my late night, online shopping attempts to create my own versions of looks like these:





So in my recent haul, I bought these skirts, both styled the same way with simple white tees.


I wore this at the end of a long couple of days in Tracy celebrating one of our good friend's engagement at the Tracy Wine Stroll! An awesome, but exhausting couple of days.  After driving with no air conditioning back to San Jose, we got home only an hour and a half before I was supposed to meet some of my other girlfriends for a girl's night of dinner and drinks.  It was a struggle to get off the couch, but I managed to swap out my denim shorts for this skirt and it was perfect. kept me nice and cool, cute enough that I didn't feel underdressed!


You can see in this picture the massive wrinkling, but honestly it didn't bother me.  It was definitely a bit on the tight side, but that helped define my waist.

Works Cited:
Shirt- Old Navy
Cami- Target
Skirt- Ruche


andddd the second skirt! The next day, I just wanted to try out this new number that I ordered on sale, online from Gap.  LOVE the pattern and the weight of the skirt.  I couldn't decided where I wanted to wear it (lower on my hips or up on my waist) so I left it kind of loose so I could adjust it during the day.


It was exactly what I was hoping for when I ordered these two skirts online.  I think next time I need to be more decisive on where exactly to wear it on my body.

Works Cited:
Tank- Nordy's Junior section (I think? It was a longggg time ago)
Skirt- Gap
Sandals- MJR Sales/Colin Stewart

I also enjoyed playing with a new eyeshadow, MAC's Mulch.  It is the perfect slightly smokey brown when I use it all over the lid.



I feel like I look exhausted in all these pictures! It was a long, but awesome weekend, so I guess this is what I get :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment