Friday, April 18, 2014

Who the heck are these people, anyways??

So before I get started on wedding planning, I should maybe introduce myself (since you only marginally know who I am), so you know what they say.....


Consider this our moment, four drinks in, when we really get to know each other, k? K. So who are we? I'll start with the simple story of how we became us.

I got a job at a restaurant the summer before my senior year of college.

I met a boy there.

We had an instant, undeniable connection.

Five months later, I was gone taking a month-long class in Hawai'i, and over Skype we decided to make it official (obviously needed that to be done on Facebook).

someecards.com - I'm ready to change my Facebook relationship status if you are
Gotta make it FB Official, duh / Source

And really, the rest is history!  We moved in together after dating for 9 months, and 4 years and 2 months after making it FB official my honey proposed on our third trip together to Hawai'i - but that is a story for another post.  I guess that doesn't exactly answer the 'Who are we' question though. 

Hi!

I'm Melanie, a clumsy, goofy California girl at heart working with my mom in our own small business (I have no easy job title, sorry Internet. It's that small biz life, yo).  I'm also a high school cheer coach, fashion and make-up lover, and a not-so-secret mega nerd.

This selfie is as recent as it gets, cuz it is definitely right now / personal photo

Daniel is an amazing salesperson working his way up the ranks in the hospitality industry.  Equally goofy, but not nearly as clumsy as me (he may or may not constantly move my phone away from water sources around our house).  He is a huge sports fan, a major TV show lover, and a connecter of people.  

From our last trip to Hawai'i / personal photo

We both love to entertain, try interesting alcoholic beverages, and we LOVE Bay Area sports (Go Giants! And Niners! And Sharks!) 

Me, Daniel, and his three older brothers at a Giants game last season / personal photo

We also both ridiculously love our ball of fuzz, Beezy (aka kitty, monster, baby kitty).

She is so darn cute / personal photo

So that is that.  We are planning what I am lovingly referring to as a 'Mullet Wedding'... business in the front (Catholic ceremony), party in the back (rockin' golf club reception) right here in the Bay Area!

Any other restaurant folk out there (hollaaaaa)?  

No comments:

Post a Comment