Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bad Blogger Day

I have a confession, I was a bad, bad blogger today.

I had one of those days that (although not the best day ever I must admit) I loved how my makeup looked, I loved how my outfit looked, and I totally fail at taking pictures of any of it!  so yes, total blogger fail.  I'm sure the outfit will make another appearance soon enough, so I can photograph it then, but I am bummed about missing my makeup.  Even when I recreate a look, it never seems to look the same.  Anyone else know what I mean?

Here is some good blogger news!  A couple of quickfire (anyone else watch Top Chef?) reviews!

Chanel Perfection Lumiere (I wear shade B20)
Totally love!  I must say though, a huge part of that love is what a great color match I have.  A color match that good can be hard to find.



I find it applies a little streaky if I use a traditional foundation brush  (I use Sigmas), so instead I tried it with my Sonia Kashuk flat top kabuki from Target, and it is much better.  I can buff it to avoid the streaking problem. I found that I sometimes had trouble building it up to cover the redness in my nose, so I can use the flat top sort of like a stippling brush to push it into the skin, which helps with the coverage.


Perfectly blends into my neck! It sets initially to a semi matte finish, which I quite like, however within a few hours it gets significantly shiny, but not in a terrible way.  More in a natural skin kind of a way.  Not the worst, but I do go ahead and set it with my Chanel loose powder, and that helps (but doesn't prevent it completely)

So overall, I'm really enjoying it for an everyday, light to medium coverage.

**A quick note on Chanel Mat Lumiere, I exchanged my bottle for the Perfection Lumiere because although I liked the more matte finish of Mat Lumiere, it just say very heavily on my skin.  I love my YSL Teint Resist much more for a matte finish foundation with more coverage!

Chanel Loose Powder (In B30)

Speaking of Chanel powder... it is such a nice, finely milled powder, I've been really enjoying it as an all over finishing powder.  The only downside is it does not set my under-eye concealer as well as MACs prep and prime.  Lately I've just been using MAC for my under-eyes and Chanel for the rest of my face.

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals blush in Vintage Peach


The only thing I ended up buying and keeping from my Sephora appointment the day of our roomates' wedding.  I bought Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencil for potential wedding day touch ups and hopefully future use.  Unfortunately I quickly realized that I am NOT a fan of the finish.  I prefer a glossy (or at least creamy) finish, and it lived up to the Matte part of its name.  I could not get a good swatch picture, but Vintage Peach is a nice subtle peach blush.  It has some definite shimmer, but it isn't overwhelming.  I'd say it just doesn't need a highlighter.



From here on out, I think I will skip these bigger reviews and stick to short reviews with my FOTDs.

Anyone else pick up any new daily favs?

and coming soon... our roomates' wedding pictures!

xoxo

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment